Thursday, May 7, 2009

MOTHER'S DAY AT GRANDSON'S PRESCHOOL

Mother's and grandmother's have been invited for tea at my grandson's preschool. I have such mixed emotions. I want to see him so bad. BUT, his mother will probably be there and I DON'T want to see her! I'm torn between hoping neither are there but at the same time visualizing him running and jumping into my arms like he did at T-ball.

Let me back up a little. I can't remember if I told you I facilitated the exchanges for the mother and my son. Well it was obvious to me my grandson did not want to go back with his mother. So any way; after time, my grandson viewed me as the one who sent him back to his mom where he did not want to be. So even when I stopped doing the exchanges, when he saw me he viewed me with suspicion and nervousness.

It's only been recently that he has begun to trust me again. So at that ball game it was the best feeling ever to have him run to me.

I hope he's at school today and he meets me with open arms. Mine will be.

No comments: