Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Look at the big picture

There are a multitude of issues involving children and their safety. And I of course agree children must be safe.

But it only seems to follow that if we're concerned about a child's safety then we should be taking them from the homes of all the drug addicts and alcoholics. If a parent is seen correcting a child we should remove that child too, just to be safe. You never know. How about the parents of children who live within a certain radius of a known child predator. We should, just to be safe, remove that child too.

How about neglect? I saw a child run in the street and get hit by a vehicle. Mom is on the sidewalk watching in horror. I say she neglected to contain her child to protect him and ALLOWED this horrible accident to occur. He should be removed. Obviously mom can't do the job right.

So if you're going to jerk a child from a home where DV is alleged or hell even proven, then all of the above qualify for the same treatment.

No comments: